Local Job postings
Leasing Manager, East Lansing
This position will report to the Property Manager and will lead a sales team! Their goal is to assist the Property Manager in meeting their marketing and leasing goals. In addition, this person will conduct daily reviews of all leasing professionals’ leads and make recommendations for closing techniques and follow-up. They will ensure verification and authorization of residency applications for management review, analyze leasing status reports, coordinate and oversee resident retention/renewal programs as established by company policies and procedures, review media advertisements with Marketing and Management; under Management direction, contribute to preparation of special promotional features, compile sales statistics and reports in relation to community's walk-in traffic, telephone inquiries, appointments, follow-up procedures, rental/renewal sales and commissions to present to management/marketing for review.
In this challenging role, the ideal candidate will be outgoing, professional and customer service oriented! Effective sales and multi-tasking skills, minimum of 3 years sales/customer service experience and minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
Resumes can be sent here
Community Manager Position, Lansing
Associated Management is looking for an experienced Community Manager for a retirement community in Lansing. Grandhaven Manor is a 150 unit tax credit/market community and they will also assist with Grandhaven Manor II 78 unit tax credit/home funds/market community.
For additional information or to submit your resume, email HHunsicker@tamcmail.com
Maintenance Technician (2), West Lansing & Downtown Lansing
Gillespie Group is hiring a full time Property Maintenance Technician for our Lansing area properties. Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, self-motivated team player. Applicants should possess the ability to perform minor plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry and landscape work, along with grounds maintenance and seasonal tasks. Candidate must be customer service savvy, have a valid driver’s license and clear background check. Gillespie Group offers competitive wages, renewal commission opportunities, full health, dental, vision insurance, 401(K), and paid time off.
For additional information or to submit your resume, email PColestock@gillespie-group.com
Regional Property Manager, Grand Rapids
Fast growing property management company currently seeking to place a Regional Property Manager in our Michigan market. It is anticipated for the home office of this position to be based in Grand Rapids, MI. This position will require extensive travel throughout the Michigan region.
The Regional Property Manager (RPM) is accountable for all community operations within his/her assigned locations. They are responsible for the direct supervision of the Community Managers of each property. They have indirect supervision of the entire site staff of each community. The RPM will report to the Vice President of Operations. This individual is responsible for ensuring the communities generate a satisfactory cash flow, properties are properly maintained in accordance with Company standards and customer satisfaction is assured. Also responsible for all regional functions, procedures, and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for oversight of a fast growing portfolio in Michigan. This includes a mix of renovated, Class A and new construction units.
· Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
· Build and maintain strong business relationships with Community Managers to develop motivated, well-trained teams, and establish and maintain positive, productive relationships with residents, the community, suppliers, vendors, consultants, site employees, and other members of corporate management and staff.
· Communicate frequently with the Vice President on vital needs of the properties.
· Assist Community Managers and Corporate accounting staff in preparation of monthly financial accounting reports and explanation of budget variances, as well as with preparing management plans, marketing plans, vendor contracts, and budgets.
· Support all sites with questions and concerns while working with HR to resolve staff issues.
· Represent AMP Residential in the areas where designated properties are located.
· Analyze processes and procedures to ensure optimum efficiency levels.
· Review and approve all bids prior to submission.
· Prepare all reports and correspondence and handle complaints and/or problems timely and accurately.
· Work with HR and the recruiting department to recruit, hire, orient and motivate staff of the communities.
· Check occupancy and associated reports in order to monitor traffic and closing performance.
· Assist Community Managers in the development, implementation and management of a successful marketing plan for each community.
· Supervise Community Management staff including performance management and discipline.
· Work with the accounting department to ensure financial policies and procedures are followed.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
· An understanding of NOI, and cash flow.
· Ability to build high producing teams that meet performance goals.
· Experienced in community financial analysis and must be able to read and understand financial reports.
· Must be able to handle crisis appropriately.
· Able to balance the various priorities of individual communities, residents, and the staff.
· Must be able to communicate effectively in the organization, both verbally and in writing.
· Able to work efficiently with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree or combined experience to exceed two (2) years.
· Multi-Site management experience.
· At least 3 to 5 years of supervisory apartment management experience..
· Must possess a valid driver's license at time of hire and maintain thereafter as a term and condition of continued employment.
· Experience in developing and managing budgets, implementing successful marketing plans, a comprehensive knowledge of Fair Housing practices, maintenance, staff training and supervision and rental collections.
· Exhibit strong attention to detail.
· Ability to perform at high levels in fast paced work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
· CPM/CAPS designations highly desired.
Benefits and Compensation:
· Competitive salary, 401K, medical insurance, life insurance, dental and vision.
· A collaborative, progressive, team development environment.
· Paid holidays and paid time off.
· Opportunities to make a difference and work with the best in the industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Work Place
Please submit all resumes here
Administrative Assistant, Part Time, Lansing
Lansing based Law Firm seeking part-time administrative assistant to provide support to office team members. The right person will have a working knowledge Microsoft Office, office equipment and be able to work in a team setting. Please reply with resume AND cover letter. Flexible hours. Resumes can be emailed here